Tuesday

Crazy for pancakes!

Crazy for pancakes!

I posted on facebook yesterday that my eldest daughter Alesia had made pancakes for dinner.

Dutch pancakes that is, our favorite kind!

We love Dutch pancakes.They are very easy to make too!

We don’t use a recipe.We basically start out with a bowl of milk, add in a couple of eggs, then add some flour until it’s the consistency we want (VERY runny, like a melted milk shake), sometimes we add in a little vanilla and I always add in a bit of sugar.

You don’t have to add sugar though, I do because I like my pancakes to get a little crispy around the edges.However, for a REALLY basic, true recipe, I found one here:

http://www.austinlehman.com/local_bites_individual-pages-127.php?id=10

Those are just how we used to make them.

Until I learned the little trick about the sugar.I really do LOVE crispy edges.

I searched the internet for a recipe more like the one I use now, and this one is really very close:

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/recipe.html?dishid=5978

Then you can do as many variations as you like!

My favorite, was when I made these.

Oh they were delicious!I can almost taste them now.

Filled with cream cheese and topped in homemade strawberry в