Friday

What do you think is the expected amount to receive from a settlement from a car accident?

What do you think is the expected amount to receive from a settlement from a car accident?
medical claims lawyers
by marsmet462

I was recently in a car accident and I sued the person because I was hit in the back and my car was totaled.I went to physical thearpy for a few weeks and I went to the doctor every weekend.I was not a fault in the accident.My lawyer is settling my case within the next four to six weeks and I would like to know a good settlement amount that I should recieve after medical bills and the lawyers fee.How long does it usually take to recieve another offer if you decline the first offer?The claim was submitted to Geico and I heard they are pretty fast.Just to FYI the lawyer recieves a third.
The officer issued the driver a ticket for reckless driving, I was hit from the back at a red light.My medical bills maybe are at 2500 and it was back pain and swelling in my leg.The claim is being submited within 4-6 weeks.What should be the expected amount???

Catspaw
It depends on the amount and kind of your medical bills, time off work and the extent of your injury + permanency, the jurisdiction and verdicts for this kind of injury, how good your attorney is, how good you would be expected to testify, etc.

There's no real formula for it, and the speed of your offer will depend on how fast your lawyer and the adjuster return each others phone calls. Smaller settlements take less time than larger ones though.

blktan23
and what happened to you?? how much were your medical bills. how do you know you werent at fault? 4 to 6 weeks or 4 to 6 months.

Another Perspective
Well, depends on how much you were hurt, how much your car was worth, how much insurance picked up, and if they had insurance or not. Are you suing the insurance company or the person? If it is the person, and they didn't have insurance, it might not be a stretch to believe they don't have money to pay you for the settlement. They might give you $ 100/mo.

Know better?Leave your own answer in the comments!
Cheap The Sharper Image Heated Deep Kneading Swedish Full Back Massaging Cushion with 8 Independent Nodes